APPRENTICESHIPS (Draperstown / Mallusk)
H&A Mechanical Services Ltd are a Building & Heating installation and maintenance company. We employ in excess of 330 people and have two main offices based in Draperstown and Mallusk. Our work consists mainly of working in occupied homes and therefore we employ only the best people who will carryout quality work and who can provide excellent customer service.
We are looking for self motivated, ambitious apprentices with a good work ethic in a range of disciplines who are keen to work in the building maintenance or heating trade. You will be surrounded by experts in your chosen trade area who will support you in all tasks that you undertake through on the job training. In addition time will be spent with your local training provider to consolidate this learning in a classroom environment as you progress to achieving your apprenticeship qualification.
The following apprenticeships are available:
- Plumbing – Based out of either or Draperstown or Mallusk offices you will be provided with the experience of assisting in either heating installations or in housing maintenance, e.g. fitting bathroom suites, kitchens etc.
- Joinery – Based out of our Mallusk office you will be provided with the experience of working with skilled joiners who will show you the daily maintenance joinery tasks such as fitting locks, installing new kitchens and fitting door sets.
- Electrical – Based out of either the Mallusk or Draperstown offices you will be working alongside experienced electricians carrying out a variety of works including fixing and maintaining existing electrical systems and wiring and maintaining heating systems.
- Plasterer – Based out of the Mallusk offices you will be working alongside experienced plasterers carrying out a variety of works including general plastering duties, repairs to plaster works, removal and refitting plasterboard ceiling and binding and refitting plasterboard ceiling.
- Total of 16 points at GCSE level inclusive of A-C in English & Maths (or equivalent Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy & Numeracy). Candidates will be shortlisted on projected grades however we reserve the right to reject applications should you not achieve the required grades.
- Ability to get to base, or a meeting point, to be collected, to be on site for an 7.30am start
- Must be school leaving age by September 2019
- Must have a good work ethic, good attendance, punctuality and be flexible to travel when required
- Must meet college criteria and have been accepted to a college by September 2019
- It is desirable that you have a full UK driving license or are expecting to pass your test by September 2019.
If you are interested in applying for an apprenticeship with H&A, then email email@example.com or phone the HR Department on 028796 27220 for an Application Form.
Closing date for application is 12 noon on Friday 28th June 2019.
H&A Mechanical Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job click the link below to download an application form. Complete the form on your PC then upload it to us via the form below.
Alternatively send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.